Brexit: Shipping and Customs Updates.
Update 14th September 2021.
Just when we finally thought we'd got the hang of this Brexit thing, things have changed one last time.
As of today (14th September 2021), in accordance to the new rules that were brought into law on 1st July 2021, we are now able to collect VAT for orders under €150 to EU Countries.
This means we'll collect VAT at your local rate, and your order will not be subject to duties or any other import fees, other than potentially a small charge for 'customs clearance' - if this charge does apply your local courier will collect the fee, either before or upon delivery. By paying VAT at checkout, your order should pass through customs in a much quicker timeframe than if VAT and Duties are calculated at the time of import.
The prices you see on our product pages should include VAT at your local rate. If your total basket exceeds €150 then the VAT portion of the price will be removed at checkout. If you are browsing from outside the EU, prices shown on products pages will not include VAT. The price you will pay will be shown at checkout.
For orders over €150, we are unable to collect Tax, so tax will be removed at checkout. On these orders, you may be liable for Tax, Duties & any other applicable import fees as detailed below.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Any transactions on this site will be a UK to overseas transaction which does not include sales tax or import duty if the tax free total of your order is more than €150. By placing an order you understand you will be liable to pay the import duty and local VAT, which can be a significant additional cost, on this purchase directly to the shipping agent on delivery. You understand that these charges will be payable and that refusal to accept delivery on the grounds of these charges is not grounds for a return and refund of the products purchased. Should delivery be refused any refund given will have outward and return shipping costs deducted. For accurate estimates of applicable taxes and duties, please consult your local customs office.
- If you are browsing our store from an EU member country, prices displayed on product pages include VAT at your local rate.
- Our shipping charges remain unchanged. Bikes, Frames and Reserve Carbon Wheels are still shipped to European Countries free of charge.
- For orders over €150 - Your order is shipped “Delivered At Place.” This means we pay all costs incurred in shipping, protecting and exporting your package, but any costs incurred to import your goods into their final destination country are your responsibility.
- We’re working on a solution to show accurate costs for taxes and duties, but because these costs vary by product and country, it’s not a small task. In the meantime, https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/ gives a fairly accurate idea of what costs you can expect to be liable for. We can’t guarantee the prices displayed, but in our experience it’s a good tool.
- Having the correct HS (Harmonised System) Code and Country Of Origin information about a product will give the most accurate Quotes, we’re currently working through our inventory and updating this information for all of our products.
- Please be aware Country of Origin is the country of Manufacture, not the country of dispatch. We can help with this - use our live chat or drop us an email and we’ll get back to you.
- We’re able to process and ship your orders in the same amount of time, but please be aware that clearing customs may increase the length of time between dispatch and delivery to you. You can track your orders progress with the tracking number we’ll send with your dispatch confirmation.
- Update 8/12/21: Please be advised that the length of time a package takes to clear customs can vary wildly, especially over the busy holiday season. In most cases, the delay is a day or two, but in some circumstances we're hearing stories of items being delayed for weeks - particularly orders travelling through Romania or Czech Republic. Please Note - we cannot cancel or refund an order that we have dispatched until the package is returned to us.
We’re here on live chat to help with any question you have between 10am-5pm Monday to Friday or you’re welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thanks - The Stif Team.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh