Brexit: Shipping and Customs Updates.
Update 14th September 2021.
Just when we finally thought we'd got the hang of this Brexit thing, things have changed one last time.
As of today (14th September 2021), in accordance to the new rules that were brought into law on 1st July 2021, we are now able to collect VAT for orders under €150 to EU Countries.
This means we'll collect VAT at your local rate, and your order will not be subject to duties or any other import fees, other than potentially a small charge for 'customs clearance' - if this charge does apply your local courier will collect the fee, either before or upon delivery. By paying VAT at checkout, your order should pass through customs in a much quicker timeframe than if VAT and Duties are calculated at the time of import.
The prices you see on our product pages should include VAT at your local rate. If your total basket exceeds €150 then the VAT portion of the price will be removed at checkout. If you are browsing from outside the EU, prices shown on products pages will not include VAT.
For orders over €150, we are unable to collect Tax, so tax will be removed at checkout. On these orders, you may be liable for Tax, Duties & any other applicable import fees as detailed below.
Here’s what you need to know:
- If you are browsing our store from an EU member country, prices displayed on product pages include VAT at your local rate.
- Our shipping charges remain unchanged. Bikes, Frames and Reserve Carbon Wheels are still shipped to European Countries free of charge.
- For orders over €150 - Your order is shipped “Delivered At Place.” This means we pay all costs incurred in shipping, protecting and exporting your package, but any costs incurred to import your goods into their final destination country are your responsibility. Should you refuse to pay these charges and have your order returned to us from your local customs office, you will be charged for all postage fees we incur.
- We’re working on a solution to show accurate costs for taxes and duties, but because these costs vary by product and country, it’s not a small task. In the meantime, https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/ gives a fairly accurate idea of what costs you can expect to be liable for. We can’t guarantee the prices displayed, but in our experience it’s a good tool.
- Having the correct HS (Harmonised System) Code and Country Of Origin information about a product will give the most accurate Quotes, we’re currently working through our inventory and updating this information for all of our products.
- Please be aware Country of Origin is the country of Manufacture, not the country of dispatch. We can help with this - use our live chat or drop us an email and we’ll get back to you.
- We’re working to make sure our returns process stays as easy as it always has been and there’s no extra costs in getting a product back to us if you change your mind.
- We’re able to process and ship your orders in the same amount of time, but please be aware that clearing customs may increase the length of time between dispatch and delivery to you. You can track your orders progress with the tracking number we’ll send with your dispatch confirmation.
- Update 8/12/21: Please be advised that the length of time a package takes to clear customs can vary wildly, especially over the busy holiday season. In most cases, the delay is a day or two, but in some circumstances we're hearing stories of items being delayed for weeks - particularly orders travelling through Romania or Czech Republic. Please Note - we cannot cancel or refund an order that we have dispatched until the package is returned to us.
We’re here on live chat to help with any question you have between 10am-5pm Monday to Friday or you’re welcome to email us at email@example.com with any questions. Thanks - The Stif Team.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh