Brexit: Shipping and Customs Updates.
Update Mon 11th Jan. We are back!
Britain & The EU have agreed a deal for tariff free trade as of 1st Jan. The intricacies of the deal are complex, both to comprehend and implement. We’re not alone in struggling to find the best way to best serve our EU customers while these standards become common practise.
While we continuously endeavour to create the most seamless possible experience for our customers, we’re tentatively re-opening our online store today.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Prices displayed on product pages include 20% UK VAT. If you specify a delivery address outside of the UK, The price you pay at checkout will be reduced to reflect the removal of this tax
- Our shipping charges remain unchanged. Bikes, Frames and Reserve Carbon Wheels are still shipped to European Countries free of charge.
- Your order is shipped “Delivered At Place.” This means we pay all costs incurred in shipping, protecting and exporting your package, but any costs incurred to import your goods into their final destination country are your responsibility.
- We’re working on a solution to show accurate costs for taxes and duties, but because these costs vary by product and country, it’s not a small task. In the meantime, https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/ gives a fairly accurate idea of what costs you can expect to be liable for. We can’t guarantee the prices displayed, but in our experience it’s a good tool.
- Having the correct HS (Harmonised System) Code and Country Of Origin information about a product will give the most accurate Quotes, we’re currently working through our inventory and updating this information for all of our products.
- Please be aware Country of Origin is the country of Manufacture, not the country of dispatch. We can help with this - use our live chat or drop us an email and we’ll get back to you.
- We’re working to make sure our returns process stays as easy as it always has been and there’s no extra costs in getting a product back to us if you change your mind.
- We’re able to process and ship your orders in the same amount of time, but please be aware that clearing customs may increase the length of time between dispatch and delivery to you. You can track your orders progress with the tracking number we’ll send with your dispatch confirmation.
We’re here on live chat to help with any question you have between 10am-5pm Monday to Friday or you’re welcome to email us at email@example.com with any questions. Thanks - The Stif Team.
Update 23rd December: The border between France and the UK has reopened for rail, air & sea crossings provided the hauliers can provide a negative Covid test. The Border with Holland has also re-opened with similar terms. If you are waiting on a delivery from us, there's hope that it's on the move and headed to you, albeit slowly as the backlog clears. You can find your tracking number in your shipping confirmation email and track your package with your carrier. We are still not accepting any new orders through our site while we await the terms of Brexit. If you'd like to reach us, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks
Expected Delays for orders shipping to Europe
Tues 22nd December: Our European shipping partners have all announced that due to concerns over a new strain of Coronavirus currently prevalent in the south of England, all shipments to Europe have been suspended until further notice. Any orders placed on or after 21st December 2020 will be affected.
If you have ordered before December 21st and received a shipping confirmation email: Your order has left our warehouse and is currently with your chosen shipping service. Unfortunately, we cannot offer you any more information than what is available to you with your tracking number. You can find your tracking number in your shipping confirmation email.
If you have ordered before December 21st and have NOT received a shipping confirmation email: We've got your order. If there was any significant delay in processing or dispatching your order (for example, if an item was out of stock when you placed your order and we are waiting to receive it) one of our staff will have been in touch. If you haven't heard from us, we're processing your order as normal and you will receive a shipping confirmation email as soon as we can arrange your shipment.
If you want to place an order, but would like to know when your goods will arrive: We don't know with the information currently available, we're in contact with our distribution network and keeping an eye on the news for any updates. Once we know, we'll post it here.
22nd December: There's still so much uncertainty around Brexit, it's almost impossible for us to know the answer to any questions. What we do know for certain is that regardless of whether or not a deal between the UK and EU is reached, we will continue to trade with our extended family of customers in Europe.
Will prices change Jan 1st 2021? We don't know for sure. We will not know anything for certain until a deal is - or isn't - negotiated. Orders placed before 1st Jan are subject to 20% UK VAT, our best guess right now is that orders placed after 1st Jan will have this 20% UK VAT removed at checkout, but be subject to whatever taxes and duties apply when your goods reach customs in your country. This may change in the coming days.
Will there be delays in processing & dispatching my order? Again, we don't know for sure. We're working hard throughout the Christmas season to prepare for every eventuality, but until a deal either is or isn't confirmed we won't know exactly what processing orders will entail. Whilst we can currently process and dispatch your order from our warehouse without any delays, our shipping partners and couriers are unable to export goods into mainland Europe because of concerns over Coronavirus. The longer this delay lasts, the longer it will take to overcome as warehouses stockpile goods for export and lorries bottleneck ports waiting to cross borders. Keep an eye on this page for any updates.
Can I still return goods after brexit? Yes, if you've received an order and you'd like to return some or all of it to us, please email email@example.com and we'll make sure you have everything you need to get the goods back to us as efficiently as possible.
Will Brexit affect my warranty? No. Not only will the terms of your warranty not change, but we will still strive to make warranty returns/exchanges/repairs as easy as possible for you to get you back on the trails as soon as possible.
What if there's a deal? Then it's entirely possible we've spent the last few months shouting at politicians on the TV and panicking about Tax and Customs Import Codes for nothing. We won't know until we know - everything could change at any point in the next few days. Say a prayer for our web & warehouse teams!
It seems likely that we'll close the checkout on our store temporarily on Jan 1st whilst we implement any necessary changes. Thanks for your patience.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh